S a r a h P a l l i s e r
S E R V I C E S
S E R V I C E S
"services are offered on a modular basis, singular, multiple or the complete end to end"
- Complete Lighting Design Documentation
- Lighting Construction Services
illumination calculations - AGI & Dialux
- Compliant Documentation to BCA & Australian Standards
- Audio / Visual Services
Lighting quality reviews
- Bespoke Fixtures
concept -detailed design production
Initial consultation with the Client / Architect / ID Consultant to establish the collective design intent.
- Preliminary studies in the form of sketches & diagrams to establish basic lighting principles appropriate to the architectural design for each element using case studies & built examples where appropriate.
- Preliminary sketches / drawings / images of the types of lighting techniques proposed including sketches of custom lighting designs (if required).
- Preliminary outline cost & quantity estimates of lighting techniques, as related to the cost plan.
- Mood images reflecting design language for each area
Presentation of conceptual design in the form of hand-sketch drawings; images; sketch details, diagrams and plans representing the lighting design effect, communicated electronically.
Complete Lighting Design Documentation.
Includes Lighting Consultant attendance
Final layouts of the proposed lighting design - either manually on working drawing copy negatives, or in CAD format using the base RCP and Floor plan, both provided by the Interior Designer / Architect. This information is for use by the Architect, Electrical Engineer & Builder in the preparation of the tender documentation
Final detail integration sketches indicating the co-ordination of luminaires with architectural details
Specifications for the luminaires (Cutsheets) including the following:
- Luminaire manufacturer & supplier
- Catalogue / product / order reference codes
- Photometric and optical performance
- Luminaire dimensions, colour, finish, and image of fixture etc. in the form of catalogue cutsheets
- Luminaire fixing requirements
- Luminaire accessories
- Lamp manufacturer, type, wattage, colour temperature etc
- Specification of appropriate control gear
Operational specification for the lighting control system . This may include
- Automatic (astronomical time switch) and manual override outline specification and operation
- Lighting control channel groups, luminaire quantities and estimated lighting loads
- Daylight related integration and operation - if required
- Details of type, location size and engraving of all control panelsDetails of dimmer rack locations
- Luminaire quantity estimates for preparation of tender documents
- Connected load summaries for preparation of tender documents
- Developed custom luminare design (if required) to sufficient detail to enable competitive bids to be sought for their final design development and manufacture by suitable manufacturers.
- Cost estimates based on the final specified luminaires and lighting control equipment
- Assistance to the project manager, architect & design team in the compilation of tender documentation
- Review current lighting layout as designed by the electrical engineer and / or Contractor
Services During Construction & Post Construction
Review of the design team’s construction issue documentation insofar as this relates to the lighting installation in the areas defined above
Should alternative luminaires be proposed by the Contractor - a working sample, dimensioned shop drawing and full photometric data shall be supplied to the Lighting Consultant for review
- Final review of relevant joinery and luminaire shop drawings prior to supply and construction
- Final lamp replacement schedule for the client. (as-installed drawings, operational and maintenance (O&M) manuals and relevant information to be provided by the electrical contractor)
- Listing lighting related defects in the areas defined in the above scope of work and assistance to the design team in correcting said defects
- Assisting with the programming of installed lighting control equipment and the setting of light levels
- Directing the focussing of adjustable luminaires (if required). The electrical contractor will supply personnel to perform this work in compliance with the local legislation and union agreements
- Undertake Commissioning
- Provide reports identifying defects
Illumination Calculations - AGI, Dialux & Daylight modelling
- Production of Lux diagrams (Lighting levels)
Compliant Documentation to BCA & Australian Standards
Lighting Equipment Schedules are integrated with BCA (Building Code of Australia) Section J requirements
Lighting Design are compliant with Australian Standards AS1680
Audio Visual Services
Lighting Quality Reviews
Produce detail lighting reviews of existing installations
Lighting reports, which include;
- Light pollution
- Work place solutions
In house we Produce of animated lighting solutions using a combination of the following packages: